The birth of medical charity was a result of the numerous medical cases highlighted in the media and also in other email forums. The approach then was for the donors to contribute directly to the patients. There was no financial regulation and controls in this approach. The excess monies contributed remains with the patients and not directed to the next needy patient. This situation can be circumvented if there was an independent body through which the funds could be channeled. Thus, EWRF Medic Aid was born. EWRF Medic Aid was formed in March 2010. The Soft Launch was on 21 May 2010.
To assist the poor and needy in the right direction on a case-to-case basis
To provide assistance to the poor with medical related problems.
All cases will be assessed by Project Officer and the Task Force. The patient and his family will be contacted to assess the following:
- Understand the present medical condition and medical background.
- Assess the financial background of the patient and the family.
- Determine the specifics of the assistance requested with the help of medical experts and social workers.
- The Findings and Recommendations would be presented to the Treasurer of EWRF for approval.
- When approval is obtained, funds will be disbursed to third parties providing the relevant services. This includes payment to the Hospital or the Vendors providing the medical equipment and supplies. Funds will be disbursed to third parties providing the relevant services. This includes payment to the Hospital or the Vendors providing the medical equipment and supplies.
- Medical items would be purchased directly from the Pharmacies and delivered to the Patients.
- Cash aid is given directly to the patients or their families only in special circumstances with the approval from the Task Force and EWRF Treasurer.
If you would like to donate, If you wish to send your donations to help the patients, direct your funds to the following bank account:
Name of Bank: CIMB
Account Number: 1431 000 6182 054
Account Name: EWRF Medical Fund