The CSI programme since its initiation in 2009 has been continuously developed to assist youths facing social and financial challenges in their daily lives.
To achieve the desired results in reducing the involvement in criminal activities. A specially designed 20-week programme carried out for students which focuses on building character and confidence.
Students coming from socio-economic challenged backgrounds are EWRF’s top priority to participate in this programme.
This programme provided the basis for character development and to unearth potential skills. School counsellors and the teacher played an important part in identifying
Sports and drama formed a key component of CSI activity throughout the 20 weeks. These national were an eye-opener for many of the participating students as they have not participated in any regional or national tournament.
- Increased motivation, self-esteem, future aspirations, risk awareness and management, as well as leadership, teamwork and communication.
- Increased referral and access to psychosocial counselling.
- Improved academic achievements with reduced dropouts.
- Increased referral and admission into Government Skills Training Institutions – Institut Latihan Perindustrian (ILP), Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN), Polytechnics, Community Colleges etc.
- The decrease in delinquent behaviour and disciplinary issues leading to a drop in the crime rate involving Indian youths.